Best Outdoor Baby Swing of 2019: A Concise Buying Guide
Playing on the outdoor swings is a classic childhood staple that doesn't have to stay on the playground. There are many safe, sturdy and fun outdoor baby swings that parents can install easily at home, offering kids a new element of outdoor fun their own backyard.
There are lots of great picks available on the market, which can leave some parents scrambling to be sure they're making the best pick for kids outdoor activity!
If you are looking for the best outdoor baby swing for your kids, take a peek at my in-depth buying guide to see what I chose and what would work best for you in 2019.
Table of Contents
- Best Outdoor Baby Swing of 2019
- 01. Step2 Infant To Toddler Swing Seat
- 02. Little Tikes High Back Toddler Swing
- 03. Jungle Gym Kingdom Climbing Rope Swing Seat
- 04. Eastern Jungle Gym Heavy-Duty Swing Seat
- 05. Little Tikes 2 -in- 1 Snug 'n Swing
- 06. Bucket Toddler Swing with Chains
- 07. Giant Mat Platform Swing - Best Outdoor Swing for Baby
- 08. Royal Oak Giant 40" Flying Saucer Tree Swing
- 09. Ecotribe Wooden Giraffe Swing Set for Toddlers
- 10. Little Tikes Cozy Coupe First Swing
- Safety Tips For Outdoor Baby Swings
- Health Benefits of Outdoor Baby Swings
- Final Verdict & My Recommend Baby Swing
Best Outdoor Baby Swing of 2019
To make things easier, I have narrowed the list down which will help you to decide to find the best baby swing that will meet your needs!
Step2 Infant To Toddler Swing Seat
9 months - 3 years
Little Tikes High Back Toddler Swing
9 months - 3 years
Kingdom Climbing Rope Swing Seat
Back Full Bucket Toddler Swing Seat
6 months - 4 years
Little Tikes 2 -in- 1 Swing - Blue
9 months - 4 years
Bucket Toddler Swing with Chains
Giant Mat Platform Swing
Flying Saucer Tree Swing
Wooden Giraffe Swing Set
6 months - 3 years
Little Tikes Cozy Coupe First Swing
9 months - 3 years
01. Step2 Infant To Toddler Swing Seat
I love how easily this pick wipes clean - a damp, soft cloth will take just about anything off the exterior of the swing.
02. Little Tikes High Back Toddler Swing
The wide leg openings prevent discomfort, allowing kids to grow into their swing easily.
03. Jungle Gym Kingdom Climbing Rope Swing Seat
If your kids love to jump and climb, this climbing rope and swing combo is an ideal pick.
The soft rope is gentle on their hands, and the extended weight limit means older kids can play too.
I like this pick because it offers opportunities for kids to improve balance and coordination.
It can also easily be shared among siblings without adjustment.
04. Eastern Jungle Gym Heavy-Duty Swing Seat
One of our two runners up, I recommend this pick for several reasons. The durable bucket design offers a comfortable amount of restraint to kids.
The sturdy construction holds up well to repeated use and weather conditions.
My favorite thing, however, is the chains - they're nice and long, plus they're coated in Plastisol, so they're durable and pinch-free.
05. Little Tikes 2 -in- 1 Snug 'n Swing
The fun primary color design is eye-catching and offers sensory stimulation to babies and toddlers, but neck support is a little lacking here. Consider padding with a blanket.
06. Bucket Toddler Swing with Chains
This large and sturdy bucket swing is a good pick for sharing among siblings thanks to a weight limit up to 80 lbs.
The spacious seat can accommodate babies, toddlers, and children safely.
This model features the safety coated chains I love, which are great for keeping little fingers safe from painful pinches.
It's a versatile pick, but the chains that come with it are a little short. You may need extra chain when installing.
07. Giant Mat Platform Swing - Best Outdoor Swing for Baby
Featuring a bright yellow and black design, this giant swing has a massive weight limit of 400 lbs. That means it can take on multiple children OR adults!
It comes with a convenient fabric cover to protect it when not in use.
Siblings and friends will have a blast sharing this swing. I love the idea of using it at a party for kids or adults.
The swing requires a hanging strap to complete installation that's not included, but as long as you add it to your purchase when buying the swing, it's complimentary.
08. Royal Oak Giant 40" Flying Saucer Tree Swing
It's super durable and comes with a fabric cover to protect it when not in use. This is great for parties, for family events and for people of any age and size - in short, I recommend this swing to just about anyone.
09. Ecotribe Wooden Giraffe Swing Set for Toddlers
Additionally, unfinished wood won't hold up outside, so you'll need to use a baby-safe finish to take it outdoors. All in all, this product is cute, but it's a better addition to a nursery than to outdoor playtime.
10. Little Tikes Cozy Coupe First Swing
The other of our runners up, this cute coupe by Little Tikes has unique features that set it apart from other LT picks on my list.
It features external wheels that really spin, a steering wheel that turns and a horn that honks.
It's also a bucket swing with a safety belt, which means it's extra secure.
I recommend this pick for its sensory development features and the cute car theme, which just about all kids will dig.
Safety Tips For Outdoor Baby Swings
There are lots of considerations you should make before deciding on a particular playhouse for your toddler. Among them includes:
- 1Did you know that swings that are hung too close together or too close to the ground can be dangerous? A good rule of thumb is to hang swings at least 22 inches apart and 24 inches off the ground for toddlers, which prevents them from playing without an adult.
- 2Putting a swing set directly on your lawn isn't always a great idea for a few reasons. First, repeated play will wear down the lawn in that area. Second, when kids fall, they're more likely to be injured when hitting the ground than they would be if there was a shock-absorbing surface beneath them. Sand is a inexpensive and effective pick to keep them safe - a filled pit about 12 inches deep works great.
- 3Playground equipment heats up in the sun quickly, so light colored swings made of plastic are the safest picks for your munchkin. Dark colors and metal surfaces can heat up quickly, which can lead to discomfort or injury.
Health Benefits of Outdoor Baby Swings
- 1There are lots of ways that younger kids can benefit from spending time outside. It helps them to develop language by giving them new ways to describe things. It helps them to develop their bodies, improving gross and fine motor skills. Additionally, they get a healthy amount of exposure to sunlight, which can improve sleep patterns.
- 2Safe exposure to a sensory stimulus is an important part of early childhood development. Playing on a swing offers lots of sensory stimulus to babies, toddlers, and kids. From the fresh air on their skin to the sounds of the outdoors, there's a lot happening outside that will wake up their senses in a soothing way.
- 3Kids aren't the only ones who reap major benefits from getting outside. All swingset play should be supervised by an adult, which means mom, dad or both will be getting some beneficial outdoor time that can boost memory, improve depression symptoms and decrease blood pressure.
Final Verdict & My Recommend Baby Swing
I'm quick to recommend Royal Oak Giant 40" ree Swing that's great for the whole family, and the high weight limit and a wide variety of colors available with this pick make it an ideal choice for outdoor fun.
Little Tikes is a brand that makes great toys. I recommend this Little Tikes Cozy Coupe First Swing for its developmental opportunities and a unique car design that kids will love.
My focus is always on safety, and I recommend Eastern Jungle Gym Heavy-Duty Toddler Swing for its durable construction and long comfortable, pinch-free chains.
Hopefully, this list will help you to choose the best outdoor baby swing for your family according to your budget. Good luck, and have fun!